ART.-242 Corporate ID & Promo Design
Credits 3 / 6 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-030 (ACSR-030), completion of ELAP-110 with a minimum grade of 2.0, or successful completion of RDNG-016 or ACLT-074 with a minimum grade of 3.0; Pre-requisite: Minimum 2.0 in ART.-145 , and ART.-146
The focus of this course is on the examination of the logotype and symbol as identity and corporate character. Students will develop a corporate identity campaign extending into a public relation promotional project utilizing a basic strategy brief and a brand guideline that they've researched and written. Students will learn to work in teams and on an individual basis.
● Describe the theories that are the foundation of visual and/or graphic design in branding and identity design.
● Employ various methods of creating brand identity products such as (but not inclusive of all) logos, posters, ad design and campaigns, greeting cards, and more which will be useful for personal and/or commercial publication.
● Learn what differentiates or sets a product apart from others.
● Prepare a brand strategy, client brief and design strategy.
● Complete tasks independently as well as with your fellow classmates.
● Manage time for completing projects and exercises.
● Demonstrate correct file management protocols as required for each project.
● Critique designs and compositions using art and design terminology.