ART.-145 Intro to Digital Design
Credits 3 / 6 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-016 ; Pre-requisite: ART.-141 and ART.-131 with a minimum grade of 2.0 in each course; NOTE: ART. 146 strongly recommended as a co-requisite for Graphic Design Majors.
This course is crossroads for students studying Studio Arts and Graphic Design. It is an introduced to the Mac OS interface together with graphic design, photo manipulation and illustration, industry-standard software, dealing with Vector and Raster graphics. Students will be required to work in a number of areas to explore the realm of digital art and design techniques.
● Create compositions that meet artistic and/or visual communication requirements.
● Apply principles and elements of 2 dimensional design to digital designs and compositions.
● Apply color theory to digital designs and compositions.
● Demonstrate proficiency using industry standard software to create digital designs and compositions.
● Complete tasks independently as well as with your fellow classmates.
● Manage time for completing projects and exercises.
● Demonstrate correct file management protocols as required for each project.
● Critique designs and compositions using art and design terminology.