ART.-190 Foundation Portfolio
Credits 1 / 1 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-030 (ACSR-030), completion of ELAP-110 with a minimum grade of 2.0, or successful completion of RDNG-016 or ACLT-074 with a minimum grade of 3.0. Pre-requisite: Minimum 2.0 in ART.-135 , ART.-142 and ART.-145 .
This is a course for students who have completed most of the foundation studio courses and are prepared to create a digital portfolio of that work. Students participate in critiques and learn how to document their best work.
● Develop an understanding of the function and importance of a portfolio in their future, professional and scholastic endeavors.
● Demonstrate the ability to skillfully and professionally display their artwork through a group exhibition at the end of the semester.
● Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of art exhibitions, art fairs, and other professional opportunities by preparing for and participating in them as a part of the course requirements.
● Develop and refine critique and self-critique skills to improve their own work while learning to successfully and skillfully communicate with others while improving their work.
● Students will learn mechanical methods of reproducing their artwork for review.
● Learn how to design and create a digital portfolio that allows the student to effectively, properly, professionally, and skillfully document their artwork.
● To learn how to effectively and skillfully document and catalog artwork.
● To learn how to properly write an artist's statement.
● To learn how to properly write a Vita (resume).
● Learn how to research and find exhibition opportunities.
● Learn how to apply to art schools, colleges, galleries, and other professional opportunities.
● To develop practices that allow the student to work independently as well as with fellow artists.