ART.-264 Painting IV
Credits 3 / 6 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-016 (ACSR-016) Pre-requisite: ART.-263
Advanced investigations of painting media and the various techniques and processes. Emphasis is placed on the development of a significant body of personal imagery derived from various sources.
● To demonstrate improvement as an artist through a commitment to refining the student's overall painting skills and their finished results.
● To expose the student to the benefits of making a strong commitment to the advanced practice of the art of painting.
● To prepare the student's portfolio, skills, and ability to convey conceptual meaning for the eventual pursuit of a Bachelor of Fine Arts, gallery representation, and other professional opportunities.
● To further sharpen and develop painting skills through the execution and exploration of various painting mediums, techniques, and methods.
● To produce works that demonstrate a high level of quality.
● Visually demonstrate improvement of new and existing skills related to painting.
● Demonstrate learning through the exploration of a variety approaches, exercises, techniques, and projects in current and future approaches to art making.
● To continue to produce works that demonstrate a high level of overall quality and strong artistic merit.
● Show an understanding of the importance of self-guidance, work ethic, time use, and proper planning in advanced study and practice associated with being a working artist.
● Further demonstrate the ability to make choices that communicate effectively with viewers.
● Continue to show an increase in the student's problem solving skills in regards to art making and painting.