ART.-263 Painting III
Credits 3 / 6 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-016 (ACSR-016) Pre-requisite: ART.-262
Advanced investigations of painting media and the various techniques and processes. Emphasis is placed on the development of a significant body of personal imagery derived from various sources.
● Show strong evidence of the student's ability to make choices that help demonstrate meaning.
● To further sharpen and develop painting skills through the execution and exploration of various painting approaches, painting mediums, brushes, techniques, and methods.
● Demonstrate a commitment to grow artistically through the identifying and improvement of artistic strengths and shortcomings.
● Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of an awareness of contemporary and historical painters, painting processes, techniques, themes, genres, and movements in the works created by the student.
● To continue to produce works that demonstrate a high level of quality. The quality should be evidenced through finished works that display high levels of craftsmanship.
● Create paintings that demonstrate competent use of painting materials of the student's choice including oil paint, acrylic, watercolor, painting mediums, solvents, etc.
● Apply the proper amount of time to art making that is associated with the course through self-direction and work ethic, resulting in observable progress.
● Demonstrate the ability to utilize color, composition, subject choices, subject matter, and other painting related choices to create works that are visually and psychologically interesting yet communicate effectively.
● Further increase problem solving skills in regards to art making and painting.
● Acquiring, deepening, and mastering new skills and techniques while further strengthening existing ones.