ART.-262 Painting II
Credits 3 / 6 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-016 (ACSR-016) Pre-requisite: ART.-261
Advanced investigations of painting media and the various techniques and processes. Emphasis is placed on the development of a significant body of personal imagery derived from various sources.
● Show the continued strengthening of compositional skills in order to create visually interesting paintings.
● Explore a large variety Styles, techniques, methods, and painting mediums to begin the development of the student's unique artistic voice and vision.
● Begin to use research as a way of communicating through painting, evidenced through the visual choices and results in the student's finished works.
● Strengthen conceptual communication skills through researching ideas, concepts, themes, techniques, and approaches associated with painting as well as through the research of subjects not associated with art or painting.
● Create works that utilize newly acquired skills, techniques, mediums, and approaches through exploration, practice, and research.
● Show evidence of the ability to make specific choices to help communicate content and meaning.
● Visually demonstrate improvement of new and existing skills related to painting.
● Strengthen the student's ability to utilize art-related vocabulary to describe the works, artistic strengths and shortcomings, approaches, concepts, and techniques associated with their own works as well as the works of others.
● Create works
● Continue to create paintings that demonstrate the importance of starting the painting process by using traditional approaches while exploring new methods as well.
● To continue to understand the importance of producing paintings that demonstrate high levels of craftsmanship, maturity, and professionalism.
● Utilize exposure to contemporary and historical paintings and painting issues to create original, highly informed works inspired by self-guided research and art-related events.
● To learn and show the ability to build quality painting supports including canvas stretchers and cradled panels. The student's ability and the support's quality will be displayed through structural integrity and practical usability.
● Further show an understanding of the importance of applying the proper amount of time to art making. Students will use a combination of self-direction and work ethic to display observable progress and overall commitment.
● Demonstrate the ability to select colors and subjects to effectively communicate meaning and content.
● Acquiring, deepening, and mastering existing painting skills and techniques while developing new ones.