ART.-122 Graphic Design Survey
Credits 3 / 3 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-030 (ACSR-030) or completion of RDNG-016 , ACLT-075 , ACLT-076 , or ENGL-100 Pre-requisite: ENGL-101
This course will provide students with a historical survey of Graphic Design, including the cultural events, movements and achievements that laid the groundwork for the contemporary practices and products of graphic design. Through presentations, videos, discussions, research and studio projects, students are introduced to the visual history, the innovators and the technologies that influenced and transformed the practices of visual communication.
● The intention of this course is to be actively engage you to master, apply and create creative work that integrates with the history, technologies and the visual history of graphic design.
● To learn more about design’s current role in our society and the interesting work being done by graphic designers today.
● To differentiate between different design styles from history.
● To learn about the history of graphic design including where it started and what role it has played.
● Why graphic design plays such a significant role in our everyday life.
● There is a good deal of terminology to know, and you will have to research and identify images on the quizzes and take home exams.
● There will be hands-on activities to help you better understand the material.
● Students expect you to attend all classes, come to class on time, stay for the complete class, complete all assignments and readings.