Jul 23, 2024  
2013-2015 Archived Catalog 
2013-2015 Archived Catalog

Getting Started

Admission to the College


Admission to Mott Community College is open to all high school graduates and those with a GED, non-high school graduates 18 years of age or older, applicants under 18 who are not high school graduates or students yet to have satisfactorily completed the General Educational Development Test (GED). Students still in high school may attend with permission from their high school and parents.

You may complete an online application through the website apply.mcc.edu

Admissions Guides

New Students

First time attending any college

  • Pre-admission Counseling and Career Planning
  • Apply for Admission
    • Submit high school transcripts or G.E.D. if 22 years of age or under
    • Submit government issued identification to the Office of Admissions
  • Apply for Financial Aid
  • Attend Orientation
  • Placement Tests
  • Career planning and Academic Advising
  • Select courses with aid of counselor or advisor
  • Complete class schedule worksheet
  • Register for classes
  • Pay tuition and fees
  • Attend classes

Returning MCC Students

Readmitting after three years

  • Fill out an online application updating your address and program code
  • Apply for Financial Aid
  • Career Planning and Academic Advising
  • Select courses with aid of counselor or advisor
  • Complete class schedule worksheet
  • Register for classes
  • Pay tuition and fees
  • Attend classes

Transfer Students

Attended a previous college

  • Apply for Admission
    • with a copy of unofficial transcript
    • Submit government issued identification to the Office of Admissions
  • Submit Official Transcripts
  • Apply for Financial Aid
  • Placement tests may be required
  • Select courses with aid of counselor or advisor
  • Complete class schedule worksheet
  • Register for classes
  • Pay tuition and fees
  • Attend classes

Guest Students

Presently attending another college

  • Submit a completed guest application form
    • with a copy of unofficial transcript
    • Submit government issued identification to the Office of Admissions
  • Select courses with aid of counselor or advisor
  • Placement tests may be required
  • Complete class schedule worksheet
  • Register for classes
  • Pay tuition and fees
  • Attend classes

International Students

  • Apply for Admission
  • Submit Official Transcripts
  • Submit English Language Proficiency
  • Submit Financial Statement
  • Schedule an Appointment with the Admissions Office
  • Attend Orientation
  • Placement Tests
  • Career planning and Academic Advising
  • Select courses with aid of counselor or advisor
  • Complete class schedule worksheet
  • Register for classes
  • Pay tuition and fees
  • Attend classes

Non-Candidate for Degree Students

Students who wish to take classes for enrichment purposes

  • Apply for Admission
  • Select courses
  • Placement tests may be required
  • Complete class schedule worksheet
  • Register for classes
  • Pay tuition and fees
  • Attend classes

Dual Enrollment & Early Admit High School Students

  • Apply for Admission
  • Provide an official high school transcript
  • Submit completed dual/early admit certification form
  • Attend Orientation
  • Complete placement testing
  • Complete class schedule worksheet
  • Obtain approval from MCC Admissions Office
  • Register for classes
  • Make payment arrangements if needed
  • Attend Classes


Orientation at MCC

All dual-enrolled, early-admittance and new degree or certificate-seeking students who are not transfer students must complete orientation prior to registration for first semester classes.

Orientation is conducted in a group format, and lasts approximately three hours. You are introduced to a faculty member and MCC’s campus, services, programs and support staff necessary for your success at MCC.

Once your Admissions Application has been accepted, you may schedule your orientation at a time and date that is convenient for you by contacting the Counseling & Student Development Office, Prahl College Center PCC2030, at (810) 762-0377.

During Orientation you will be introduced to:

  • Student ID cards and their many uses.
  • WebAdvisor- many of your transactions with MCC can be completed using this system.
  • Student Services & Resources including computer access, counseling, tutoring and much more.
  • Email tutorials
  • Parking areas and access to handicapped areas.
  • MCC’s Online College Catalog

Placement Testing

Mott Community College uses the placement assessment software “ACCUPLACER®.” At MCC, the computerized placement test results are used along with other information to recommend the most appropriate beginning course levels for students.

New students will be required to take computerized placement tests. These tests are taken through MCC and there is no cost. There are five computerized tests made up of 12-20 questions each in the areas of reading, English and math. Placement testing is not timed but usually takes 1½ to 2 hours to complete.

No appointment is needed at the main campus. Placement Testing Center PCC2010, (810) 762-0372.

Testing is also offered by appointment at:

Northern Tier Center - Clio (810) 232-8044,

Southern Lakes Branch Center - Fenton (810) 762-5000,

Lapeer Extension Center (810) 667-4166.

Remember, you must bring your current photo ID (i.e., driver’s license, high school ID).

Accommodations are available for students who need them. Call Disability Services prior to testing at 810-762-0399.

Your test scores and other information which you provide are used by MCC for counseling and placement recommendation purposes. If your data is used for research purposes, your identity is kept confidential.

MCC also offers a Writing Placement Test. This test is provided by appointment and there is a fee. Successful completion allows “testing out” of ENGL-101 English Composition I.  Ask your counselor or advisor about your eligibility.

Students may also receive college credit from Advanced Placement exams, or, through College Level Examination Program (CLEP) testing.

Some students may be exempt from portions of the placement test if:

  • You have successfully completed college level classes in writing, math and/or reading (provide unofficial college transcripts),
  • You have scored 20 or higher on the ACT in English and Reading; 22 or higher in Math (bring a copy of your results),
  • You hold an accredited 2 or 4 year degree (bring documentation),
  • You are a Guest or Non-Degree Student,
  • You are a re-entering MCC Student who completed prior testing, taken less than one year ago.

Credit by College level examination (CLEP) & Advanced Placement

Mott Community College will award up to a total of 16 credits for Advanced Placement and CLEP examinations.

Advanced Placement

Advanced Placement (AP) is a program of college level examinations, developed by the College Board, that gives high school students the opportunity to receive college credit. MCC accepts scores of three (3.0) and above for credit on more than a dozen Advanced Placement examinations.

The AP examinations are offered nationally and world-wide each May, and are administered at participating high schools.

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is developed by the College Board and measures college-level knowledge in five basic areas of the liberal arts: English composition, humanities, mathematics, social science and history, and natural science.

MCC students may be awarded appropriate college credits for college level course work if they successfully complete one or more CLEP examinations. A limit of 16 credits may be awarded for CLEP examinations. Credits will be determined by MCC officials.

CLEP Exams are conducted by appointment only. Most exams take 90 minutes and costs, plus an administrative fee, are subject to change. Registration and payment takes place the day of testing. Most CLEP testing is conducted via computer.

Academic Advisement

After you receive your acceptance to MCC call the CASD office and meet with a counselor or advisor to discuss your classes and register. Counselors and Advisors will

  • provide accurate college, program and course information
  • provide personalized academic support
  • assist in career planning and development through the Career Resource Center
  • prepare students to transfer to a four year college
  • assist with changing program or major
  • prepare for graduation
  • refer students with confidential personal issues to Counselors or to Health Services.

Counselors are available for students new to MCC or those who are undecided about their major, program or career plans. Students who are decided about their program or major should see an Academic Advisor. Advisors are MCC faculty members who are specialists in our degree and certificate programs.

Note: A student with a Grade Point Average (GPA) below 2.0 must meet with a counselor or advisor prior to registering for the next semester.

For an Appointment Call:

Counseling Center - Prahl College Center PCC2030 (810) 762-0111

Academic Advising Center - Prahl College Center PCC2040 (810) 762-0331

Southern Lakes Branch Center-Fenton, the Lapeer Extension Center and the Northern Tier Center - Clio have orientation, academic advising and placement testing available on a rotating schedule. For more information, call the extension location at the number listed below:

Southern Lakes Branch Center-Fenton (810) 762-5000

Lapeer Extension Center (810) 667-4166

Northern Tier Center-Clio (810) 232-8044

Registering for Classes

The registration office provides students with many options to register. These include:

Online Registration - using WebAdvisor (see more information below)

Walk-In Registration - may be completed at the Registration Office located on the lower level of the Prahl College Center, at the Counseling /Advising Offices on the second floor of the Prahl College Center, at SLBC-Fenton, Lapeer Extension Center or Northern Tier Center-Clio.

  • Students can register for classes in the Registration Office on the lower level of the Prahl College Center during scheduled registration periods. See the Academic/Registration Calendar on the website or in the Class Schedule booklet for open registration dates. To register in person, student must submit a completed class schedule worksheet to the Registration Clerk.
  • For in-person transactions, students must use a class schedule worksheet form (with a counselor’s or advisor’s signature, if necessary) and submit the form to the Registration Office. Worksheets are available online, in the Registration Office, the Counseling Center, PCC2030, the Advisement Center, PCC2040, SLBC, NTC and Lapeer Extension Center.
  • Registration must be completed before the first day of class. After classes begin, only drops and adds are permitted.

Student Portal/Web Advisor Instructions


The MCC4Me portal is the starting point for all current students to access all online resources and communications, including WebAdvisor, WebMail, Blackboard, and communications from Student Services and Student Life. The MCC4Me portal will be unique for each student. You will receive communications and information meant directly for you. Watch for the new MCC4Me button in the near future.

WebAdvisor is accessible from any Internet connected computer.

Prospective Students and Guests may use WebAdvisor to search for class sections without a log-in or password. Current Students may access the many features of WebAdvisor by logging-in using their email sign-in and password.

Your WebAdvisor account is set up for you when you have completed the admissions steps and officially become an MCC student.

These headings and function links are available in the Student Menu:

User Account

I’m New to WebAdvisor
What’s my user ID?
Change Password
What’s my Password
**Emergency Notification**

Financial Information

Make a Payment
Account Summary by Term
View My Payment Plan Schedule
1098 Electronic Consent
View My 1098-T Forms

Financial Aid

Financial Aid status by Term
Financial Aid status by Year
Financial Aid Award Letter
Accept or reject my financial aid awards


My Documents
Admission Status


Search for Sections
Register for Sections
Register and Drop Sections

Academic Profile

Grade Point Average by Term
Test Summary
Transcript Request
Transcript Request Status
My Class Schedule
My Profile
Enrollment Verification

Help: If you need assistance using WebAdvisor check MCC Answer on the www.mcc.edu website or call (810) 762-0200.

Dropping/Adding Courses

After registering for classes, students may change their schedule by dropping and/or adding classes during the dates specified in the course schedule booklet or as listed on the Academic/Registration Calendar.

WebAdvisor is available for individual class drop and add prior to the start of the semester. For in-person transactions, students must list changes on a class schedule worksheet form and submit the form to the Registration Office, PCCLL15. Worksheets are available in the mcc.edu Form Center, the Registration Office PCCLL, the Counseling Center, PCC2030, the Advisement Center, PCC2040, Southern Lakes Branch Center - Fenton, Northern Tier Center - Clio, and Lapeer Extension Center.

The decision to drop or add a course is not official until the appropriate action has been taken. For in-person transactions, the date that the worksheet is filed is the date used to determine eligibility for a tuition refund.

Dropping a class during the semester is also referred to as Withdrawal from a course. This is the responsibility of the student. A student may withdraw from a class at any time prior to the 90% point of the semester or session. A withdrawal before the “Date of Record” means there is no record of enrollment. A withdrawal after the “Date of Record” but before the last week of the semester means a “W” grade. A “W” grade will be listed on the student’s grade report/transcript if the withdrawal occurs after the Date of Record as listed on the Academic/Registration Calendar.

Students must follow this procedure to officially discontinue enrollment in a particular course. To withdraw, a student must fill out the Class Schedule Worksheet form and file it with the Registration and Records Office.

Students who decide not to attend classes must drop these classes themselves. Classes are not automatically dropped for non-attendance.

To be eligible for a tuition refund classes must be dropped within the tuition refund dates, which are listed in the course schedule booklet and available on the MCC website.

Withdrawal from MCC

Students who withdraw from college may be required to see a counselor in the Counseling Center, PCC 2030. They should complete a class schedule worksheet form listing the classes from which they are withdrawing. Please see Drop-Add Guidelines for additional information.

Tuition and Fees

Tuition Information for Mott Community College Can be Found in the Class Schedule Booklets or on Our Website, www.mcc.edu

Residency Policy

Tuition rates vary depending upon where you live. Educational costs at Mott are shared by students, the taxpayers in the college district, and the State of Michigan. Property taxes paid by residents of the college district supplement student tuition and state aid for in-district status students. For that reason the in-district tuition charged legal residents of the Mott College District is the lowest rate and proof of residency is required to be eligible for the in-district resident tuition rate. There are three types of residency status: in-district, out-of-district and out-of state. Each type is charged different rates.


You are a Mott Community College District Resident (in-district) if you live within the boundaries of the Genesee Intermediate School District, except Maple Grove and Birch Run townships.

Permanent residency must be established 30 days prior to the beginning of classes.


You are a Michigan Resident (out-district) if your permanent residence is within Michigan but outside the Genesee Intermediate School District.

Permanent Residency must be established 30 days prior to the beginning of classes.


You are a Michigan Non-resident (out-of-state) if your permanent residence is outside the state of Michigan.

All foreign-born students planning to attend MCC on a VISA, or whose permanent residence is outside the state of Michigan, are considered non-residents regardless of their place of residence during college.

Change of Residency Classification

If your residency status changes when you update your address from out-of-district to in-district it is your responsibility to report this to the Records and Registration Office (PCCLL). You must provide proof of the residency change by providing a photo id with the change, current motor vehicle registration, property tax receipt for property tax within Mott College district, utility bill at in-district address, signed and dated rental or lease agreement showing address, dates of the lease, and signature/phone number of the landlord. Students who petition to change their residency classification to in-district status must submit proof of in-district residence for 30 days before the first day of a semester.

Fee Information

Fees are subject to change. Check current class schedule booklet.

Course Fee

Fees ranging from $1.75 to $500 will be charged for classes using specialized equipment or laboratory supplies.

Student Services Fee

A non-refundable registration and student service fee is charged each semester.

Technology Fee

A per contact hour fee will be charged for all courses.

Payment Options

Pay In Full

Secure your place in class by using one of the forms of payment (noted below).

Student Tuition Payment Plan

Come in person to any Cashier’s Office to complete all paperwork, including a payment plan contract. Pay a $30.00 non-refundable enrollment fee and a down payment of one-third of your total tuition bill. The remaining tuition balance will be divided into three payments. The remaining payments may be made in the forms of payment (noted below) and also through WebAdvisor. The Payment Plan option is not available during the Spring or Summer semesters. Fall semester payments are due:

  • September 1
  • October 1
  • November 1

Winter semester payments are due:

  • January 1
  • February 1
  • March 1

Financial Aid - Loans or Grants

Students are advised to begin the financial aid process at least 6 (six) weeks before the start of the semester. Step one requires completion of the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate school year. Students may need to provide documents verifying income (signed Federal tax forms, etc) to Student Financial Services.

Scholarships and Awards

Scholarship recipients need to check WebAdvisor and see Financial Aid to ensure that their funding is awarded. Certain scholarships require that the students provide documentation before the scholarship can be awarded.

Athletic Scholarships

Students who have been awarded Athletic Scholarships must report to the Athletic Office in the Ballenger Fieldhouse prior to registering for classes. In order to keep classes from being dropped students must sign an agreement with the Athletic Office to accept responsibility for payment of tuition and fees not covered by the Athletic Scholarship.

Employer and Third Party Sponsors

Students who have tuition benefit programs through an employer, agency, or other third party and wish to use this for their payment option must provide a letter of authorization to Student Financial Services.

Dual Enrolled Students

Students should verify with the Main Campus Admissions Office that the proper paperwork has been submitted prior to registering for classes.

Gold Card Students

Students should verify with the Main Campus Admissions Office that the proper paperwork has been submitted prior to registering for classes.

Mott Employees and their Dependents

Employees wishing to use Mott’s tuition benefit program need to complete the “Educational Grant Waiver Form” in the Human Resources Office (CM1024) prior to registration.

Veterans Benefits

Students who have Veteran Benefits should contact the Veteran’s Office on the main campus located on the lower level of the Prahl College Center.

Forms of Payment

  • Cash or Debit Card - Accepted ONLY at the Cashier’s Office PCC Main Campus
  • Check or Money Order - All locations Cashier’s Office and Drop-Box PCC Main Campus
  • Credit Card - WebAdvisor, all locations Cashier’s Office, Drop Box PCC Main Campus.
  • Electronic Check - WebAdvisor

Tuition Refund Policy

The schedule for the refund of tuition and fees is published in the class schedule calendar each semester and session.

Note: Students who withdraw from fall or winter semester classes after the second week of classes will not receive refunds. Students should be sure to check the Academic/Registration Calendar in the class schedule booklet for specific dates. Refund deadlines vary for each semester and session.

Tuition Appeals Policy

Students may request a Tuition Appeal due to extenuating circumstances such as military deployment, certain medical conditions, and/or family related reasons, including change in employment. Please see the Tuition Appeal Form (available online at www.mcc.edu) for further explanation and a listing of the appropriate documentation required to process your appeal.

Students receiving any type of Financial Aid, including loans, grants and scholarships, should be aware of their responsibility to immediately repay any unearned financial aid regardless of the outcome of a tuition appeal, including unearned financial aid refunds and bookstore charges. Rules and regulations governing Federal Financial Aid programs cannot be waived through a tuition appeal or under any other circumstances.

Veterans and Dependent Benefits

MCC has been recognized by the State Approving Agency as an institution qualified and equipped to furnish education at the collegiate level under the provisions of Public Law 89-358, “Veterans Readjustment Act of 1966.”

Veterans Standards of Progress Student Notification

Each veteran must be aware that he or she must notify the college immediately of any withdrawal or dropping of courses during a semester or session. Records are posted daily indicating the official date of a student withdrawal or drop. Students may initiate a course drop at any time prior to the 90% point of the semester or session. Withdrawal from or dropping of courses may affect the veteran’s eligibility for benefits.

Satisfactory Progress

A veteran, after attempting 12 credit hours or more with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of less than 2.0, will not be considered to be making satisfactory progress. The subsequent two (2) semesters or sessions will be the probation period. Failure to raise the GPA to a 2.0 during this period will result in certification being suspended. Written notification will be forwarded to Veterans Affairs and to the veteran.

A veteran who enrolls half-time or more and who fails or withdraws from all subjects will be considered to be making unsatisfactory progress (except where there are extenuating circumstances). Similar lack of progress during the probation period will result in certification being suspended.

A veteran who fails a course (receives a failing grade or a grade less than the lowest grade required for completion of the course for graduation) may repeat the course one time and receive veterans benefits if the institution requires satisfactory completion of the course as part of the major or minor or a core curriculum for graduation.

When a veteran has accumulated credits that would result in the granting of a degree to the veteran and for which the degree has been certified to Veterans Affairs during the period of attendance in the institution, the veteran will be considered as having met the degree requirements and further financial benefit will be terminated unless the veteran has not otherwise fulfilled graduation requirements. One additional term or semester will be authorized for the veteran to meet those graduation requirements. The concern on the part of the Veterans Affairs is that a student does not continually enroll at various institutions and accumulate college credit simply for the purpose of receiving benefits.

Probation Period

Veterans not meeting satisfactory standards of progress will be allowed two (2) semesters or sessions on probation. Continued unsatisfactory progress will result in certification being suspended and the veteran’s case being referred to the Veterans Affairs regional office for further review.

Note: Readmitted veterans who have been previously suspended will be referred to Veterans Affairs for reapproval of certification. Any questions regarding certification should be referred to the veterans clerk, Office of Records & Registration, PCCLL, (810) 762-0200.

War Orphan

If a student is the son, daughter, or a widow of a deceased (or disabled) veteran, he or she may be eligible for government assistance to attend college. Students should contact the Veterans Affairs Office for information at 1-888-442-4551.

In-State Tuition for Military Personnel and Dependents

This institution will adhere to the following policy for the purposes of establishing residency requirements in Michigan for certain active duty members of the armed forces of the United States, or these members’ spouses and dependent children:

  • An active duty member, spouse, or dependent child of such an active duty member, shall be considered a Michigan resident for tuition purposes if Michigan is that active duty member’s legal state of residence;
  • An active duty member, spouse, or dependent child of an active duty member, shall be considered a Michigan resident for tuition purposes while that active duty member is stationed in Michigan;
  • Once an active duty member, spouse, or dependent child of an active duty member has been determined to be a Michigan resident for tuition purposes, he or she shall retain that status as long as they are continuously enrolled in a degree program at a state institution.

Student Financial Services


Financial aid assists students who do not have sufficient resources to pay their educational costs while attending Mott Community College. Numerous federal, state, institutional, and privately funded programs are available to financially help qualified students.

General Eligibility Requirements

General financial aid eligibility requirements state that a student must:

  • Be admitted to MCC and enrolled as a regular student. Guest and consortium students are not eligible for financial aid.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Not be in default on a student loan.
  • Have earned a high school diploma or received a GED.
  • Not owe a repayment on a federal grant previously received.
  • Not have a conviction for drug distribution or possession.
  • Be pursuing a Program of Study leading to a degree, 1 year certificate or transfer to a four-year college.
  • Be registered with Selective Service if a male at least 18 years of age. Students may register online at www.sss.gov.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by federal regulations and pursuant to MCC’s SAP policy.

Important information for financial aid students:

  • Financial aid is processed only for students admitted to MCC.
  • Financial aid consideration is not reviewed until ALL requested documentation has been submitted. Additional requests may be sent to the student to resolve conflicting information in the financial aid review process.
  • Credit by Examination and or Audit classes are ineligible for financial aid.
  • Fresh Start is not recognized for financial aid purposes

How to Apply for Financial Aid

Financial Aid can be a “bear”, however, with this simple step-by-step process you will have the tools you need to easily conquer the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).

  1. Apply for your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.fafsa.gov
  2. Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
    Register for a Financial Aid workshop if you would like help with your FAFSA.
  3. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR).
    A copy of your SAR will be mailed to you or can be accessed online at http://www.fafsa.gov
  4. You may be selected for verification.
    Approximately one week after submitting your FAFSA you can access your WebAdvisor account to see if you are required to submit more documents.

    Once all required documents have been submitted, it can take 4-6 weeks for your information to be verified. Until this process is complete, you will not be eligible to receive federal financial aid.

    You have the ability to view your award letter on WebAdvisor. The award letter details the aid for which you are eligible. If there is a loan in your package that you would like to accept, you must go to www.studentloans.gov and submit a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling. If you intend on participating in the work-study program you must contact Student Employment Services.
  5. Remain Eligible
    If you fail, stop attending, or withdraw from your classes, you may owe back a portion of your award. This is called a Return of Funds.

    You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to remain eligible. If you fall below any of the three SAP standards, your financial aid will be terminated.

Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress is maintained when you complete 67% of your coursework successfully, maintain a cumulative gpa of 2.0 or better and do not exceed the maximum timeframe of 93 attempted credits.

Federal regulations require a student to make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to maintain eligibility for state, federal and institutional financial aid.

Students who fail, withdraw, or stop attending courses may be responsible for a portion of the aid they received based on the Return of Funds calculation. This could result in a balance owed to MCC and/or the U.S. Department of Education.

SAP will be calculated once a year after Winter Term grades are posted to determine eligibility for the next academic year. A student’s entire academic record is included in this calculation.

Fresh Start is not observed for Federal Financial Aid purposes.

Appeal Process

If you violate the SAP policy, you will be notified of the nature of the violation and the right to appeal the decision to the SAP Appeal Committee.

Deadlines for appeal submission are posted for each term under Important Dates. You may only file one appeal per academic year. Circumstances must be documentable and valid. Excessive course withdrawals may be grounds for denial of the appeal. Fraudulent appeals will be noted in your file and may inhibit you from receiving further aid.

If you have reached the 93 credit hour maximum you are no longer eligible for financial aid. If you have exceeded the credit limit your appeal must include a current Degree Review Form filled out and signed by your Academic Advisor identifying only the required courses needed to complete your degree at Mott Community College. Do not list courses you need or want to take to transfer to another college. If your appeal is approved your progress will be monitored and only classes on your Degree Review Form paid for.

Return of Title IV Funds Policy

Withdraw From Classes

Students who drop or withdraw from their classes will have their student accounts adjusted according to Mott’s tuition refund policy. If a student finds it necessary to drop/withdraw during a semester, they must notify the Registration Office to complete the necessary drop/withdrawal paperwork.

Direct Lending/Loans

Students must fill out a FAFSA, complete the Verification Process, be offered a loan, and meet the following minimum requirements before receiving a loan:

Be enrolled at least six credits in each semester a loan is offered. The six (6) credit minimum for loans applies to all semesters.

Meet the current MCC Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy.

Complete a Master Promissory Notes (MPN) at studentloans.gov.

Complete Entrance Counseling at studentloans.gov.

Entrance counseling must be done after May 1st.

The minimum loan amount for students is $100 per academic year

The determination of whether your loan is subsidized or unsubsidized is based on unmet need and is determined by MCC.

Cost of Attendance

The cost of attendance is the total amount it will cost you to attend MCC for the academic year, assuming full-time Fall/Winter. The budget components are listed below. Other consideration may be given depending upon your individual circumstances and/or your program of study.

Budget Components:

  • Tuition & Fees
  • Room/Board
  • Books/Supplies
  • Misc/Personal
  • Transportation
  • Tuition Increase


MCC understands that financing your education can be difficult. Scholarships may relieve some of the financial burden.

If you are eligible for an internal scholarship you will receive an email roughly three weeks before the beginning of the semester. The email will describe the criteria and the additional documents required to be considered for the award.

MCC partners with local foundations and organizations to help promote and identify students who should apply or may be eligible for one of their scholarships.

In order to encourage academically talented leaders to begin their college education at Mott Community College the Board of Trustees established a Trustees’ Leadership Scholarship that is awarded to one graduating senior from each high school within the College’s district.