Sep 28, 2021
Associate in Applied Science
Fine Arts & Social Science
Program Code: GRDE2
Office: Mott Memorial Building 2005
Phone: (810) 762-0332
Students will be prepared both creatively and technically for a wide range of design fields under the general area of visual communications. Depending upon their program options, subjects include: design for print, web, multimedia, motion and media graphics, corporate identity, advertising, editorial, promotional design and illustration. In addition to regular coursework, all students are required to enroll in a three-credit internship where they will find placement with a host employer involved in the planning, creation and implementation of graphic design.
Occupational Specialty Courses
Occupational Specialty Courses - Select 1 Option
Group Total: Credits 42-45 / 70-75 Contact Hours
Related Requirement Courses
Select a total of 3 credits, a minimum of 1 credit must be in ART. 248
Group Total: Credits 3 / 3-5 Contact Hours
Recommended Elective Courses
- Program does not specify Recommended Elective Courses for degree completion Credits 0 / 0 Contact Hours
Group Total: Credits 0 / 0 Contact Hours
General Education Requirements (minimum of 18 credits required)
English Composition (3 credits)
Social Science (3 credits)
- Complete any 100 level or higher Social Science course Credits 3 / 3 Contact Hours
Mathematics (3-4 credits)
- Test out by placing into MATH 130 or higher on the MCC Placement test OR Complete any 100 level or higher Mathematics course Credits 3-4 / 3-4 Contact Hours. Note: Students who do not have to take a Mathematics course due to placement test scores, placing them into MATH-130 or higher, may need to complete three additional General Education Credits to achieve the minimum number of credits for graduation.
Additional General Education Credits to Fulfill General Education Requirements
Group Total: Credits 18 / 18 Contact Hours
Computer Competency Requirement
Beginning 2016, demonstration of computer competency is a degree requirement at Mott Community College
Computer competency can be demonstrated by one of two ways:
NOTE: Some programs require taking COMG-153; for these programs, the Test-Out option is not available. For those programs that do not require COMG-153, the competency test-out option is available and can be taken in the Academic Testing Center, located on the 3rd floor of the Mott Library.
Program Total: Credits 63-68 / 91-100 Contact Hours
- FINAL PORTFOLIO REVIEW: Students who are nearly ready to graduate and who are in the process of taking ART.-246 Self-Promotion & Portfolio Design will undergo a final departmental portfolio review as part of their course and graduation requirements. By week 14, the student must make a formal portfolio presentation for evaluation.
- All course and degree requirements must be met
- 15 credits minimum must be earned at MCC
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0