PHOT-212 The Art of Wedding Photography
Credits 3 / 4 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into ACRD 080 ; Minimum grade of 2.0 in PHOT-182, PHOT-183 and PHOT-190. Students must have full time access to a DSLR camera.
This course is designed to introduce the student to wedding photography. The class will cover marketing, sales, organization, archiving, culling/sorting, editing, pre-production, and wedding day production. A portion of the class will involve photographing a simulated wedding in a church setting and reception with all the participants.
- Assess current trends in the wedding market.
- Conduct research on pricing, packages, and promotion.
- Define equipment needs.
- Develop wedding photographic awareness.
- Construct wedding photographic plan.
- Practice wedding photography.
- Evaluate wedding images.
- Assess wedding performance.
- Students will conduct research on current wedding styles and write a paper describing their results.
- Students will conduct research on wedding packages and prices by contacting wedding photographers and attending wedding shows, in-class presentation on their research is required.
- Students will be required to write up a list of equipment needed to start their wedding business including but not limited to cameras, lenses, computers, software and other support equipment such as (tripods, speedlights etc.)
- Students will visit several wedding venues take reference photos and will record the conditions of each.
- Students will produce a written wedding photographic plan, including time allocations, travel, and a shot list.
- Students will participate/photograph a full “mock” wedding including role playing the various participants.
- Students will cull and edit their wedding images and present them in class.
- Students will determine their readiness and develop a written plan describing their strengths, weakness and how to assess each.