DESN-105 Design Center I
Credits 2 / 4 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into ACRD 080 ; DESN 130 .
The Design Center offers students the opportunity to gain real-world experiences under controlled conditions while undertaking their regular coursework in Graphic Design. While similar to an internship, this course will be a college-based design studio where potential clients will be
invited to submit design projects for development. Students will be expected to contribute to all aspects of development of client projects, depending upon their level of skill. Because many of the clients will be from the non-profit community sector, students will also be undertaking a community service commitment to their college design experience.
· Demonstrate professional conduct.
· Evaluate client needs based on interview and research for each project.
· Prepare effective client proposals that demonstrate appropriate visual communication solutions.
· Estimate costs and time needed to complete each project.
· Explain goals and visual communication solutions for client projects.
· Manage projects and tasks as assigned by the instructor or Studio Manager
· Complete tasks independently as well as in teams.
· Manage time for completing client projects.
· Demonstrate correct file management protocols as required for each client project.
· Create portfolio worthy work for each project.