DESN-100 Design Careers
Credits 1 / 1 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into ACRD 080 .
Students will learn how to best prepare for a career in graphic design. Activities include investigating the different fields in graphic design, developing an educational plan, and learning about employer expectations, such as, how to prepare for an internship or employment, designing a resume, how to develop a portfolio and the importance of networking. Computer and software access will be needed to successfully complete this course.
· Research areas of graphic design that relate to the student’s career goals and analyze for their application to their graphic design career and educational plan.
· Research employment opportunities under the umbrella of graphic design or visual communication.
· Research employer expectations and skill needs for employment as a graphic designer.
· Prepare a resume for an internship or employment.
· Demonstrate and understanding of the difference between soft and hard skills in graphic design.
· Research and present what constitutes a successful visual portfolio of work.