COMI-160 Introduction to Computer Info Systems
Credits 3 / 3 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into ACRD 080 .
A lecture/lab course providing a survey of data processing and computers in business. Topics include computer hardware, computer arithmetic and codes, input/output devices, networking and Internet, business use of computers, application software, data classifications and structures, programming languages and societal/ethical implications of computers.
1. Describe the historical foundations and development of computers
2. Describe computer hardware and processing components
3. Describe computer networking and related security issues
4. Describe Internet use, including related privacy and security issues
5. Describe computer systems software and utility programs
6. Describe desktop and mobile applications
7. Describe the system and software development process
8. Describe how computers are used in business and society, including related privacy and security issues
9. Describe how technology affects society