Feb 28, 2024
MUS.-1427 String Ensemble IICredits 1 / 2 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into ACRD 080; MUS.-1417. Audition and music reading ability required.
A continuation of String Ensemble for students in their second semester of music study. Students will perform in at least one public concert.
- Work with and relate to others playing like and mixed instruments in a small ensemble setting
- Interpret a variety of styles and genres of chamber music from different periods of history and for various ensembles (i.e. transcriptions, arrangements, etc.)
- Explore a variety of music from other cultures
- Determine how to perform the music under study as authentically as possible
- Develop and further their musicianship and performance skills to a higher level
- Practice to improve their musical skills, including: intonation, sight-reading ability and overall ensemble playing
- Prepare music to a high level of performance for concerts and recitals
- Distinguish the differences in intonation on their own instrument and between themselves and others
- Identify and Differentiate between various major and minor key signatures
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of western classical and non-western music