ART.-248A Graphic Design Internship
Credits 1 / 1 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-030 (ACSR-030), completion of ELAP-110 with a minimum grade of 2.0, or successful completion of RDNG-016 or ACLT-074 with a minimum grade of 3.0; ART.-242 with minimum grade of 2.0.
This internship allows students who are preparing to complete the requirements for an AAS degree in Graphic Design to gain real work experience with companies in the community, practice what they've learned and have the opportunity to learn from experienced designers and art directors already in the field. The opportunity provides students with insight into working conditions, business practices, and applications of work performed in design studios, printing houses, and ad agencies. Students will seek placement according to their area of interest and must work a minimum of 50 hours for each credit of Internship, up to a maximum of 3 credits.
● Discover insights and gain experience preparing to enter the job market.
● Learn the professional expectations of their field that comes from working with colleagues and clients.
● Recognize and develop strategies for working with different colleague and client personalities and creative needs.
● Generate direct industry connections that can often lead to job offers, recommendations.
● Develop design materials for inclusion in a student's portfolio.
● Gain industry experience that become part of the student's resume.
● Apply prior studies and career preparation to the search for an internship, interview and on-the-job professional behaviors.