Oct 03, 2022
ARBC-112 Beginning Standard Arabic IICredits 4 / 4 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-030 (ACSR-030), completion of ELAP-110 with a minimum grade of 2.0, or successful completion of RDNG-016 or ACLT-074 with a minimum grade of 3.0.Pre-requisite: ARBC-111
Continuation of the study of standard Arabic concentrating on various dialects using verbal practice and drills. Emphasis on life and culture of Arabs in the Arab world.
- Build/Construct compound sentences in the target language.
- Conjugate verbs in the simple past tenses in the target language.
- Use large numbers (100+) correctly and in real-world scenarios in the target language.
- Demonstrate understanding of short paragraph-length utterances in the target language on a number of topics.
- Use comparisons of equality and inequality to compare different people and situations in the target language
- Distinguish the differences between the simple past tenses and use them appropriately in real-world scenarios in the target language.
- Describe and compare cities and places; characteristics, services, weather, problems, etc. in the target language.
- Narrate historical events in the target language.
- Ask and answer complex questions about one’s own culture and that of cultures related to the target language.
- Conjugate reflexive verbs in the simple present and simple past tenses in the target language.
- Tell about food, drinks, and restaurants and one’s own preferences for each in the target language.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the target language to perform real-world tasks such as making purchases, discussing the weather, talking about activities of daily living, etc. in the target language.