ART.-105B Design Studio Ctr I
Credits 1 / 2 Contact Hours
Pre-Requisite: Placement into RDNG-016 (ACSR-016); ART.-145 with a minimum grade of 2.0.
The Graphic Design Studio Center offers students the opportunity real-world experiences under controlled conditions while undertaking their regular coursework in Graphic Design. While similar to an internship, this course will be a college-based design studio where potential clients will be invited to submit design projects for development by participating students. Students will be expected to contribute to all aspects of development of real design projects, depending upon their level of skill. Because many of the clients will be from the non-profit community sector, students will also be undertaking a community service commitment to their college design experience. Use of the graphic design computer labs will be expected. Meeting times will be flexible but students will be required to commit to two hours a week per credit meeting with the instructor and other students and spend additional time outside of regular meetings working on design studio projects.
● Demonstrate professional conduct.
● Evaluate client needs based on interview and research for each project.
● Prepare effective client proposals that demonstrate appropriate visual communication solutions.
● Estimate costs and time needed to complete each project.
● Explain goals and visual communication solutions for client projects.
● Manage projects and tasks as assigned by the instructor or Studio Manager
● Complete tasks independently as well as in teams.
● Manage time for completing client projects.
● Demonstrate correct file management protocols as required for each client project.
● Create portfolio worthy work for each project.