ART.-233 Advanced Illustration
Credits 3 / 6 Contact Hours
Pre-requisite: ART.-133 . Pre-requisite: Placement into RDNG-030 (ACSR-030), completion of ELAP-110 with a minimum grade of 2.0, or successful completion of RDNG-016 or ACLT-074 with a minimum grade of 3.0.
This course explores advanced editorial and advertising illustration techniques as an extension of ART.-133 Basic Illustration Techniques and is intended for students who envision making illustration a possible career. Students will further examine how the various techniques are applied to art as a storytelling medium and will be encouraged to develop their own areas of specialization. Traditional and non-traditional methods will be encouraged including digital means of creating and manipulating illustrations using industry-standard software.
● Employ advanced skills in traditional and digital illustration techniques.
● Experiment with 3D elements in creating cohesive illustrations.
● Describe and create messages appropriate illustrations to meet design challenges.
● Make use of a unique illustrative visual voice in creating appropriate illustrations that meet design challenges.
● Explore new techniques for developing editorial, advertising, or promotional material for illustrations.
● Complete tasks independently as well as with your fellow classmates.
● Manage time for completing projects and exercises.
● Demonstrate correct file management protocols as required for each project.
● Critique designs and compositions using art and design terminology.