Sep 25, 2017
Associate in Applied Science
Health Sciences Division
Program Code: RADL2
Office: Curtice-Mott Complex CM2313
Phone: (810) 762-0317
The Radiologic Technology Program represents a partnership between Mott Community College and Hurley Medical Center. Students begin their coursework at MCC, completing all general education requirements plus other specific support courses as specified by each hospital. Students are required to review the requirements at Hurley Medical Center, www.hurleymc.com. Upon completion of the Radiologic Technology program at Hurley Medical Center, the student will be awarded 32 credits that apply toward the 62 credits required for graduation from MCC. Students must apply for graduation once all requirements have been completed.
Hurley Medical Center
The Radiologic Technology Program is a cooperative effort between Mott Community College and Hurley Medical Center's School of Radiologic Technology. Students will complete all general education requirements plus other specific support courses at Mott Community College. At least 32 credits must be completed at MCC. All prerequisite coursework must be completed before applying to the Radiologic Technology Program or be completed in the winter semester during the application process. A Radiologic Technology Program Supplemental Application is available at Mott Community College's Advisement Center. After admission to Hurley's School of Radiologic Technology, the student will complete a core of courses specific to the radiologic occupational speciality. Upon completion of the Radiologic Technology Program at Hurley Medical Center, the student will be awarded 32 credits toward the 62 credits required to earn the MCC Associate in Applied Science Radiologic Technology degree from Mott Community College.
Students are required to see additional program requirements at Hurley Medical Center's School of Radiologic Technology Program website at http://www.hurleymc.com/
- Admission to a certified Radiologic Technology School is a separate process. Completion of course work at MCC does not guarantee admission to a Radiologic Technology school.
- Students must achieve a minimum grade of 2.5 in each prerequisite course, as well as cumulative 2.75 GPA or higher in all prerequisite course work.
- Conviction of a criminal offense may prohibit applicant from acceptance in Hurley's School of Radiologic Technology. All applications for a health profession license or registration in Michigan are required to submit fingerprints and undergo a background check. All applicants accepted into Hurley's Radiologic Technology Program must have a cleared background check and pass Hurley's physical exam including drug screening. The cost of the background check, physical exam and drug screening is the responsibility of the student.
- Pre-requisite: Must place at college level reading on the MCC placement test, or successfully complete RDNG 030 or ENGL 100 .
Occupational Specialty Courses
- 32 credits from course work done at Hurley's School of Radiologic Technology Credits 32 / 0 Contact Hours
Group Total: Credits 32 / 0 Contact Hours
Related Requirement Courses
Group Total: Credits 12-15 / 14-20 Contact Hours
Recommended Elective Courses
- Program does not specify Recommended Elective Courses for degree completion Credits 0 / 0 Contact Hours
Group Total: Credits 0 / 0 Contact Hours
General Education Requirements (minimum of 18 credits required)
English Composition (3 credits)
Social Science (3 credits)
Mathematics (3-4 credits)
Additional General Education Credits to Fulfill General Education Requirements
Group Total: Credits 18 / 18 Contact Hours
Computer Competency Requirement
Beginning 2016, demonstration of computer competency is a degree requirement at Mott Community College
Computer competency can be demonstrated by one of two ways:
NOTE: Some programs require taking COMG-153; for these programs, the Test-Out option is not available. For those programs that do not require COMG-153, the competency test-out option is available and can be taken in the Academic Testing Center, located on the 3rd floor of the Mott Library.
Program Total: Credits 64-69 / 70-78 Contact Hours
- All course and degree requirements must be met
- 15 credits minimum must be earned at MCC
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0