Jun 24, 2018
Associate in Applied Science
Program Code: APPT2
Office: Regional Technology Center M-TEC RTC2700
Phone: (810) 762-0500
This program is designed for students who have progressed in their careers and achieved an advanced classification/status in a recognized technical field. Examples of these positions could include senior designer, head mechanic, quality manager, construction manager, etc. This advanced classification must be accompanied by a minimum of five years of full-time work experience. Students will be required to provide proof of advanced status and will select a program specialty in their fields of expertise. Students will be granted up to 20 credits for successfully fulfilling the criteria stated above.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Credit for advanced position status must be verified by completion of a portfolio detailing employment history, employer documentation of classification, validation of hours, and a current job description that identifies required skills - 20 credit maximum.
Manufacturing Option: For students involved in the design, manufacture, test, or maintenance of products, machinery, etc.
Electrical Option: For students involved in the development, maintenance, or programming of electrical components and/or industrial automation.
Construction Option: For students involved in the construction of residential or commercial buildings.
Automotive Option: For students involved in the service, repair or testing of automobiles and/or trucks.
Occupational Specialty Courses - Select 1 Option
- Select a minimum of 22 credits from CADD, ELEC or MECH Credits 22 / 22 Contact Hours
- Select a minimum of 22 credits from CADD or ELEC Credits 22 / 22 Contact Hours
- Select a minimum of 22 credits from ACHR, BCON or CADD Credits 22 / 22 Contact Hours
- Select a minimum of 22 credits from AUTO, AUBY, ELEC or MECH Credits 22 / 22 Contact Hours
Group Total: Credits 22 / 22 Contact Hours
Related Requirement Courses
- Credit for advanced position\ status - See Entrance Requirements above Credits 0-20 / 0 Contact Hours
- Any 1 or more credits from courses with any Technology prefix: AUBY, AUTO, BCON, CADD, ELEC, FIRE, COMC, COMG, COMI, COMN, COMS, COMT, COMW, COMV, MECH or TECH (See Entrance Requirements) Credits 1 / 1 Contact Hours
Group Total: Credits 1-21 / 1 Contact Hours
Recommended Elective Courses
- Program does not specify Recommended Elective Courses for degree completion Credits 0 / 0 Contact Hours
Group Total: Credits 0 / 0 Contact Hours
General Education Requirements (minimum of 18 credits required)
English Composition (3 credits)
Social Science (3 credits)
- Complete any 100 level or higher Social Science course Credits 3 / 3 Contact Hours
Mathematics (3-4 credits)
Additional General Education Credits to Fulfill General Education Requirements
- MATH-140 Trigonometry or higher Mathematics course
- Credits should be selected according to your degree program from Humanities, Social Science, Mathematics, and Natural Science
Group Total: Credits 18 / 18 Contact Hours
Computer Competency Requirement
Beginning 2016, demonstration of computer competency is a degree requirement at Mott Community College
Computer competency can be demonstrated by one of two ways:
NOTE: Some programs require taking COMG-153; for these programs, the Test-Out option is not available. For those programs that do not require COMG-153, the competency test-out option is available and can be taken in the Academic Testing Center, located on the 3rd floor of the Mott Library.
Program Total: Credits 62 / 62 Contact Hours
- All course and degree requirements must be met
- 15 credits minimum must be earned at MCC
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0